If you’re thinking of buying a piece of land or an existing building to develop, it pays to get expert advice on your chances of planning success before you commit.
We can help you assess the likelihood of achieving planning permission for the development you have in mind,
whether you’re thinking of:
- turning an office block into shops and luxury apartments
- developing a new housing estate, or
- simply adding a loft extension to a bungalow.
An acquisition appraisal might involve:
- careful consideration of your idea or draft plans
- online research • consulting Council records
- inspecting and photographing the site
- discussing your idea or plans with the local planning authority
- and consultation with relevant organisations such as:
- - the Environment Agency
- - English Heritage
- - Natural England, or
- - the Highways Agency.
Once we’ve completed our investigation we’ll report back to you with our comments and any suggestions, which may include changes to your plans to maximise your chance of achieving planning permission. In the worst case scenario we may advise you not to go ahead with purchasing the site. However, this could save you a good deal of money and stress, whether you’re an individual investor or representing a large corporation.